History of Hamlin Station, Audubon County, IA
From: History of Audubon County, Iowa
Its People, Industries and Instutions
H. F. Andrews, Editor
B. F. Bowen & Company, Inc., Indianapolis - 1915


The town of Hamlin Station was laid out on the southeast quarter of section 10, Hamlin township, by J.lewis Drew, on November 10, 1890. The following named persons have been among the residents of the town: Mordicai Hutton, Henry Young, Samuel Atkinson, John E. McGuire, Charles Higgins, Nels Rattenborg, J. P. M. Jensen, Simon Christensen, Peter Reisgaard, Hans P. Mortensen, Mrs. Petersen, Chris. Johnson, Fred Heilman, Philip Young, S. D. Coonrod, Hans J. Hansen, Hans Aagaard, Wilhelm Olesen, Victor Nelson, Jacob Sandbeck, Mrs. Mary C. Haahr, Soren Sandheck, Hans Carstensen, John McNutt.

These have been postmasters: James Elrod, William McGuire. Chris. Justensen, Thomas Brahn, Robert H. Garnett, Knot J. Petersen.

Population, eighty five.


Postmaster, Knut J. Petersen; railroad agent - T. O. McCarthy; school teacher - Gracelee; hotel - Karen Mortensen; Farmers Savings Bank - L. C. Christoffersen, cashier; garage - Cal Belcher; blacksmith, Rasmus Johansen; general stores - Hans J. Johnson, C. P. Christensen; hardware - Nels Mortensen; barber and billard parlor - Will Krohn;lumber dealer and cement works - Fred O. Anderson, manager; creamery - Marinus Nielsen, manager; grain and stock dealer - Peter Nelson; drayman - Gill Petty.

Return to [ Audubon County ] [ IA History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Iowa Biographies ] [ Rays Place ]

All pages copyright 2009. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s). These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided here freely for personal use only. Privacy Policy