History of Paris Township, Edgar County, Il
From: Encyclopedia of Illinois and the History of Edgar County
Edited by: H. Van Sellar.
Munsell Publishing Company
Chicago 1905

Paris Township has an area of 29,280 acres of land, most of which is prairie and all of which is fine farming land. The City of Paris occupies 1,500 acres of the area of the township. The farms are well improved in every way; the highways are mostly of gravel and kept in good condition, no better place to live the life of a farmer. (The City of Paris is described at length in separate chapter.)

The present town officers of Paris Township (1904) are as follows:

TOWN OFFICERS. Fred Baber, Supervisor; John Lamb, Assessor; George W. Patton, Collector; A. Frank Long, H. H. Howell, George A. Vandyke, George F. Howard and John W. Doak, Justices of the Peace; A. W. Owens, Da vid A. Hopkins, R. B. Calvin, James H. Boyd, and J. O. Sidenstricker, Constables; A. L. Beard, Robert McCubbins and Thomas A. Huls, Commissioners of Highways.


Return to [ Illinois History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ] [ Illinois Biographies ]


Illinois Counties at this web site - Adams - Carroll - Champaign - Cook - De Kalb - Du Page - Edgar - Kane - LaSalle - Lee - Logan - Macoupin - Madison - Mason - McHenry - McLean - Stark - Stephenson - Vermilion - Will

Also see the local histories for [ CT ] [ IA ] [ IL ] [ IN ] [ KS ] [ ME ] [ MO ] [ MI ] [ NE ] [ NJ ] [ NY ] [ PA ] [ OH ] [ PA ] [ WI ]


All pages copyright 2003-2013. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s). These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided here freely for personal use only. Privacy Policy