This township is given by the census of 1920 a population of 844, a decrease of about 100 from the figures of
the census of 1910. The township has the Village of Serena, which was laid out in 1870, by A. T. Armstrong, who
became a leader in civic and business affairs in the new town. The census of 1920 gives the village a population
The first settlements in this township were made in 1831, and the honor of being the first settler is to be accorded
to Robert Beresfor, who here settled in that year, though he had come to the county in 1825 and had been associated
with Jesse Walker in establishing the mission at Mission Point, as noted in the foregoing record concerning Mission
Township. Members of the Warren family, Alva O. Smith, Daniel Blake and others arrived in the period of 1832-3.
Other pioneers of the 1830-40 decade were John Hupp, Kinne Newcomb, Hiram Brown, Alva O. Smith, John Hoxie, Daniel
Blake, Ezra Dominy, Amos St. Olair and family, Wffliam Beardsley, Nathaniel Perley, Wffliam Haskell, John B. Hobbs,
Phineas Perley, Joseph T. Roy, Aaron Grinnell, and Martin Lewis.
April 2, 1850, Warren Township was organized, and in the following year the name was changed to Serena. The following
township officers were elected in 1850: Supervisor, Lanson Hoxsey; clerk, Ezra Dominy; assessor, Amasa Hawk. Two
of these officers were reelected the following year, but Edward H. Hall succeeded Lanson Hoxsey in the office of