Logan township was formed May 2, 1874, out of portions of Bloomington and Union townships and comprises all
of congressional township twenty eight, range six. The first election was held at the residence of T. R. Kalker
and the first officers were: S. M. LeMoins, trustee; T. J. Lindsey, treasurer; C. M. Price, clerk; B. H. Penn,
justice of peace; L. A. Drury, constable.
Among the early settlers of what is now Logan township were: John C., Isaac, Ben and Alonzo Jones; W. R. Burroughs,
J. J. Dedrick, W. M. Kelly, Joseph L. Potter, J. W. Shidler, W. A. McCullough, A. Lurzadder, J. S. Bogle, J. M.
Cotton, the Dunn family, John B. Holford, James Sears, A. J. Lightfoot, Minos West, Harry Wait, J. J. Getz, B.
J. Russel Wand many others. Very few, if any, except J. J. Getz and Mrs. B. J. Russell now own, or reside on, their
original claims. Some of the best agricultural and pasture land in the county are in this township. Many fine stock
ranches and farms are located here. Well watered and plenty of timber along the streams and at one time was the
banner portion of the county for the deer, the antelope and wild turkey. No railroad enters or crosses the township
but coal, oil, gas and other minerals are to be found in abundance and its people are noted for those qualities
that make it one of the most desirable places in which to live, so much so that there has never yet been found
the person who would not rather live there than die anywere else.