History of Leshara, Nebraska
From: Past and Present Saunders County, Nebraska
A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement
Charles Perky Supervising Editor
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co. Chiago 1915
The Town of Leshara is the youngest in the county. The town was established by the Burlington Railroad and dedicated
June 5, 1906. The Great Northern Railroad also aided in its establishment. Leshara is located on the site of an
old Indian town, an account of which is given in the earlier chapters of this book. The Nebraska State Historical
Society took an active interest in the dedication of the town and had charge of the program. Speeches were made
by Prof. A. E. Sheldon and E. E. Blackman and music was supplied by the university band. Lots in the new town were
sold at auction. The Leshara State Bank was established in the same year as the town. Jay Willey is the president
of the bank; J. T. Conrad is the vice president; and T. F. Green the cashier. The capital stock is $10,000; surplus,
$4,000; and deposits, $95,000.
Leshara has not had the opportunity to grow yet, but the people living there are of a type and disposition to push
the town to the front among the others of Saunders County. Quite an amount of building is done every year.
Return to [ Saunders County ] [ NE History ] [
History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ] [Adams County Biographies ]
All pages copyright 2009. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s).
These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided
here freely for personal use only. Privacy