History of Memphis, Nebraska
From: Past and Present Saunders County, Nebraska
A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement
Charles Perky Supervising Editor
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co. Chiago 1915

MEMPHIS

The Village of Memphis is located on the Schuyler branch of the Burlington Route, between Wahoo and Ashland. The town had its beginning with the construction of this road and was located on land formerly owned by John C. Owens, but purchased by the Burlington. Memphis has never had a boom, but has maintained a consistent condition since the year of its start.

The Bank of Memphis was organized in 1902. R. K. Brown is the president of the institution; E. A. Wiggenborn, vice president, and H. H. Ehlers, cashier. The capital stock is $5,000 at this time. The bank carries a surplus of $6,000 and the average yearly deposits amount to $60,000.


Return to [ Saunders County ] [ NE History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ] [Adams County Biographies ]

All pages copyright 2009. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s). These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided here freely for personal use only. Privacy Policy