History of Swedeburg, Nebraska
From: Past and Present Saunders County, Nebraska
A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement
Charles Perky Supervising Editor
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co. Chiago 1915

SWEDEBURG

In the spring of 1869 there arrived direct from Sweden thirty families, all of whom settled in the vicinity of the present Town of Swedeburg. Among them were: N. A. Aspengren, Nels Jonson, Truls Person, John and Magnus Erickson, John and Nels Gibson, Jons and Mons Martinson, Nels Eliason, Hans Hanson, Hans Hokanson and A. G. Quick. In the fall of the same year 100 more families came. Some of these were the Petersons, Jeppsons, Carlson, Swensons, Petersons, Olsons, Andersons, Goransons, Larsons, 'Wallin, Eliasons and Goransons.

The Town of Swedeburg has since become an active trading point for the farmers in the vicinity, and, being located on the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad the shipping facilities are excellent.

The State Bank of Swedeburg was organied in 1907. J. J. Johnson is the president of this institution; Andrew Carlson is the vice president; and Frans Johnson is the cashier. The capital stock of the bank is $75,000; the surplus is $4,000; and the average yearly deposits is $80,000.


Return to [ Saunders County ] [ NE History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ] [Adams County Biographies ]

All pages copyright 2009. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s). These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided here freely for personal use only. Privacy Policy