History of Touhy, Nebraska
From: Past and Present Saunders County, Nebraska
A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement
Charles Perky Supervising Editor
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co. Chiago 1915

TOUHY

The Village of Touhy is located almost midway between Weston and Valparaiso on the Union Pacific. The village was platted in 1892 on the farm of John H. Parker and named after a Mr. Touhy, former Union Pacific roadmaster. The railroad was responsible for the birth of this excellent little town and has been the means of sustaining it in a literal county of towns. The principal portion of the population is Bohemian in nationality.

The State Bank of Touhy was organized in 1906. J. Petermichel is the president; F. J. Kirchman the vice president; and J. J. Johnson, cashier. The capital stock is $50,000; the surplus $41,000; and the deposits $375,000. The State Bank has had unusual success considering the length of time since the organization.


Return to [ Saunders County ] [ NE History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ] [Adams County Biographies ]

All pages copyright 2009. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s). These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided here freely for personal use only. Privacy Policy