History of the Village of Bee, Nebraska
From: General History of Seward County, Nebraska
BY: John H. Waterman
Beaver Crossing, Nebraska - 1914-15

VILLAGE OF BEE.

This village is located in a prosperous farming district, in -B- precinct in the north eastern portion of the county. It was founded in 1887; is on the Chicago & North Western rail road, has a population of about two hundred and fifty, and is as busy as its name indicates. The post office is fourth class and has one rural free delivery mail route. It has a good high school and two churches. Minnie Dunigan was Bee's first postmistress, and her father, Michael Dunigan was one of the founders of the place. There are a number of substantial busines houses, and about seventy five dwelling houses.

The general criterion of the business of a town in the west is its grain elevators and stock market. Bee has two large elevators and its stock market is second to no village in the county. It has one bank, one hotel, a blacksmith shop, one hardware store, a drug store, one lumber yard, one implement store, two general mercantile stores, two grocery stores, and other minor business enterprises.

Return to [ Seward County History ] [ NE History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ] [Nebraska Biographies ]

All pages copyright 2009. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s). These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided here freely for personal use only. Privacy Policy