History of the village of Goehner, Nebraska
From: General History of Seward County, Nebraska
BY: John H. Waterman
Beaver Crossing, Nebraska - 1914-15

VILLAGE OF GOEHNER.

This is the second modern time town laid out on the F. & M. V. rail road in Seward county. It was founded in 1887 and bears the name of one of Seward's most prosprous business men, Hon. John F. Goehner, who represented this senatorial district in the state senate in 1884, and did very much towards securing the C. & N. W. railway line through the county, the town of Goehner being named in his honor. It is located in -K- precinct, almost in the center of both the precinct and the county, is seven miles north east of Beaver Crossing and nine miles south west of Seward. Its population is about one hundred and fifty. The business of the town is similar to that of Bee. It has a graded school and three churches. Two elevators, one bank, two general mercantile stores, one hardware store. It has no rural mail route.

Return to [ Seward County History ] [ NE History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ] [Nebraska Biographies ]

All pages copyright 2009. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s). These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided here freely for personal use only. Privacy Policy