History of White Township, Beaver County,
From: History of Beaver County Pennsylvania
and its Centennial Celebration
BY: Rev. Joseph H. Bausman, A. M.
Knickerbocker Press New York, 1904
This is one of the recently formed townships of Beaver County. It lies north of the center of the county, being
bounded on the north by Big Beaver township, on the west by Chippewa, from which it was taken in 1887, on the south
by Patterson, and on the east by College Hill borough.
The township is very small, with the surface characteristics of the surrounding townships. No streams are found
within its limits, but Walnut Run flows along its southern border.
This township, according to the report of the Secretary of Internal Affairs for 1900, had 180 taxables, 879 acres
of cleared land, and a total value of real estate amounting to $180,708. Of the latter, $4750 represented real
estate exempt from taxation and $175,958 real estate taxable. Its population, as shown by the United States
Census for 1900, was 491.
Return to [ PA History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays
|All pages copyright 2003-2012. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s).
These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided
here freely for personal use only. Privacy