History of Chester Township, Pa.
From: A History of Delaware County, Pennsylvania
Edited By: John W. Jordan, LL. D.
Published By Lewis Historical Publishing Company, New York 1914

Chester Township.ó The original district comprised in Chester township, included the city of Chester, as now constituted and the borough of Upland. As now constituted it consists of the territory lying between those places and the townships of Upper Chichester, Aston, Middletown and Nether Providence. Chester township was one of the first municipal districts erected after Pennís first visit to the Province in 1682, when he divided the territory into counties. Chester creek crosses the township from west to east, the Philadelphia, Wilmington & Baltimore and the Baltimore & Ohio railroads also cross, the former following the line of the creek from Morgan station to Upland station, the latter road touching only the southern point of the township. The schools are Franklin School in the sxtreme south, and Washington School at Brookhaven. The population in 1910 was 615, The history of the county, principally comprised in the city of Chester and borough of Upland will more fully be told in connection with those places, and in the chapter on educational institutions, manufacturing and churches.

Return to [ PA History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ]

.Blind Counter

All pages copyright 2009. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s). These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided here freely for personal use only. Privacy Policy