History of Borough of Burnside, Clearfield County, Pa.
From: Clearfield County, Pennsylvania and Representative Citizens
By: Roland D. Swoope, Jr.
Published By Richmond-Arnold Publishing Co., Chicago

Search Historical Newspaper Collections



BOROUGH OF BURNSIDE

The Borough of Burnside was incorporated October 5, 1874, and is situated in Burnside township, in the southwestern corner of the county, on the West Branch of the Susquehanna River. The town is located on high table land and surrounded by a beautiful farming country. It is reached by the Cambria & Clearfield division of the Pennsylvania Railroad.

In the lumbering days of Clearfield county, Burnside was a thriving and prosperous community, but since the cutting out of the timber in that section of the county, the borough of Burnside has been dependent for its prosperity upon the trade from the surrounding territory.

The town has three churches, and a good schoolhouse.

The present population of the borough is four hundred and ninety-three (493).

Return to [ Clairfield County ] [ PA History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ]

.Blind Counter