The Borough of Glen Hope is situated near the northern end of Beccaria township, on Clearfield Creek.
The borough was incorporated in the year of 1878, but the settlement known as Glen Hope had existed for many years
before that time, having been one of the earliest improvements in that part of the county. The town is well located
and it has substantial buildings.
The borough has three churches, good public schools and the population at the present time is about four hundred.
It has no Manufacturing industries, but is the centre of good farming country, and its business men are prosperous
For many years the town had no railroad facilities, but it is now reached by the Clearfield Southern Branch of
the New York Central & Hudson River Railroad.