The borough of Westover was incorporated September 6, 1895.
The town is situated in Chest township, in the southern part of the county; it is reached by the Cambria and Clearfield
division of the Pennsylvania Railroad, and also by trains of the New York Central and Hudson River Railroad, which
use the same tracks as the Pennsylvania.
The principal industry of Westover is the large tannery of the William F. Mosser Company.
The town has two churches, a fine schoolhouse and has a large trade from the surrounding territory.
The present population is five hundred and sixty-nine (569).